[Owasp-board] Committees - what can we do to promote this better for volunteers?

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Mon Apr 27 21:39:11 UTC 2015

I am very interested in this. I have only seen Committees as a link in the
Portal. On the wiki, it comes up in search under the Governance page, but
there is no link to it.

https://owasp.org/index.php/Governance/OWASP_Committees
https://owasp.org/index.php/Committees_2.0 (which redirects to the first
link)

Also, it looks like there was no conversation after Josh announced the
Committees 2.0 launch in July.

http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-community/2014-July/000149.html

Project Committee request got a little more discussion. Is this our only
active committee now? Most of the responses were from interested volunteers:

http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-community/2014-September/000290.html

The next discussion of committees was about the AppSecUSA program
committee. Do regional event committees exist at the same plane as
Committees 2.0 or is it something different because they are run by a local
hosting chapter?

I spent a lot of time going through and removing references to the old
committees from the Chapter Leader Handbook. I suppose if we ever have a
new chapter committee, we can put it back. But since I started I have not
heard much about moving forward on Committees 2.0 aside from the Project
committee.

Noreen

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager