[Owasp-board] Nepal

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Sun Apr 26 18:09:29 UTC 2015

Yes, heartbreaking, Jim,

If anyone is interested, (hope you don't mind my sharing here) there was an
"Urgent Call" for Data by the WWHGD about 22 hrs ago:

<clip>

As most of you probably know a 7.9 earthquake with an epicenter 50 miles NW
of Kathmandu hit Nepal earlier today.  As we have done in the past we are
going out to the WWHGD Community and requesting any links to mapping data
for the Nepal area, along with blogs, and other informational links.  Early
next week we will compile a list and send it back out to the community.
One specific area of interest is: BEST AVAILABLE SURFACE HYDROLOGY.  We
appreciate your help during this time of humanitarian assistance for the
people of Nepal.

Below are a few links already provided:

http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/2015-nepal-earthquake_37675#9/27.7686/85.0012

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2015_Nepal_earthquake

http://www.humanitarianresponse.info/en/operations/nepal

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us20002926#general_summary

-          The WWHGD Working Group Support Team

</clip>

Thoughts and prayers,

Bev