[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer of Code Sprint Proposal

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Apr 25 19:52:09 UTC 2015

This is not a risk we *have* to take. This is a risk we should discuss
and resolve as a team.

- Jim

 > Look at Appsensor for example.

Well, the original developer of AppSensor dumped the project (which was
cool) but did not maintain it. John Melton then single-handed made
version 2.0 and maintains it. The quality is also incredibly
professional. My point is that AppSensor 2.0 Flagship largely happened
because one VERY senior Java developer decided to dig in do the work
outside of of the GSOC. A junior developer is the last person who should
be building projects of that nature (secure coding libraries).