[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer of Code Sprint Proposal

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Mon Apr 20 20:39:22 UTC 2015

Hi Josh, all:

So you are suggesting that a couple of the well funded Projects like
AppSensor, OpenSAMM, ZAP, etc., could make a decision to 'sponsor' a
student under the Summer of Code program to the tune or $1500 or $3000 or
whatever they wanted to contribute.  And, they could ensure that those
funds were used on student work benefiting their project.

I like that approach.  Funded projects support their own work effort, and
then the Foundation could support other high-value student proposals that
focus on new projects or under-funded projects.
Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Interim Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org