[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer of Code Sprint Proposal

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Apr 20 20:21:21 UTC 2015

I think we should treat it like we do the chapters.  If a project has money
in their account, then they are not eligible for Foundation funds until
that money has been allocated.  I'd also agree that $30k of unbudgeted
funds is a lot to spend like this considering I don't see any reason to
hurry here.  It literally means robbing another budgeted project in order
to account for this.  That said, I support the idea, in concept.  Maybe the
projects with some money can front it for their slots, the Foundation can
use this as an experiment for our own program, and we can see how it goes.
Minimal risk with a high reward and we can budget for more next year?

~josh