[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer Code Sprint Proposal

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Apr 8 13:25:45 UTC 2015

I am trying to make suggestions as to what is best for OWASP. I am very
sorry that this is upsetting you to the point of wanting to leave the
foundation, that was not even remotely close to my intention, Kostas.

Is there a way we could continue to discuss this program and share ideas in
a way that would be less upsetting for all?

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Apr 8, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Konstantinos Papapanagiotou <
Konstantinos at owasp.org> wrote:

Jim,

I have no doubts about Johanna's experience, skills or character. Myself
I've been a volunteer for OWASP since 2004. I have met great people in this
organization and I have the utmost respect for every volunteer that puts
effort for improving application security in any way and without personal
benefit. Of course we cannot agree on everything. That's what makes life
interesting. I'm a man that believes in equal opportunities for everyone
and this is why I'd like to see all projects submitting proposals. I'm not
a man that would say that "the board should do this or that" which I keep
hearing in this thread. I submit my proposals according to what I believe
is best for OWASP and at the same time I respect the board's decisions. If
I find myself disagreeing in a large scale with OWASP's strategy, I guess I
will move on and donate my precious volunteering time to something
different.

Kostas