[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer Code Sprint Proposal

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Tue Apr 7 20:52:46 UTC 2015

Team:

This thread is now over 70 comments long and its moved from strong passion
to get a project up & running......to strong passion about each other's
opinions on how to implement.  Strong opinions are a good thing when
focused on the issue, rather than the person....especially in a volunteer
community.

And now....I'd like to see a new thread started with the project criteria
based on everyone's input, some schedule milestones & key tasks, with a
BLANK under the name for 'responsible party'.   Once "the plan" looks good,
we can add people's names to handle each area....with the goal of technical
competency balanced with transparency and fairness.  I think that is a
'winning' project plan that will get approved for the funding request.

I am happy to commit some of our staff resource to the project since it
directly aligns with OWASP 2015 Strategic Goals in areas of Training and
Developer engagement.

Add my name to the list of people on the 'planning team' or task force to
help define & finalize the project criteria.
Project Coordinator resumes are being evaluated now by a small team from
the community and we hope to have someone hired by end of month.

I trust that this will help us move forward.
Cheers Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Interim Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org