[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer Code Sprint Proposal

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Apr 1 14:23:35 UTC 2015

I think the idea that folks who are mentors and those who vote per the
committee be a different group is a great idea. That kind of transparency
and separation of duties is always helpful in terms of keeping critics at
bay. We want to avoid the impression that mentors could pick friends above
others.

And Johanna, I think it's also a great idea to create a different set of
rules than GSOC since this program would be 100% OWASP!

The •only• concern I have is about age, we have a legal requirement to
remove that. :)

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Apr 1, 2015, at 6:35 AM, johanna curiel curiel <johanna.curiel at owasp.org>
wrote:

Its about setting rules and I based the information regarding Gsoc based on
the many threats I read in the mailing list and based on discussions when I
was at Google. I'm 40 years old and I do understand the situation regarding
age, but I already clarified my point.

Many project leaders have mentioned their dissatisfaction regarding how the
program Gsoc at OWASp has been run , the rules/criteria are just *an
example* are only a way to put some neutrality and order, I'm not saying
this *must *be this way or another

And btw I do not want to participate in this initiative. So please consider
me out of it and run it as you want it.

regards

Johanna