[Owasp-board] OWASP Summer Code Sprint Proposal

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Apr 1 10:53:17 UTC 2015

Johanna,

I wanted to follow up regarding this initiative...

Would you agree that other volunteers could also be part of the project selection committee?

I would welcome an open & transparent process where anyone is able to participate.

I think is specially important for project leaders to be part of the student selection process, because they know their project needs.

If there are any deviations or misconduct from any of its members, then the committee could rapidly take corrective actions.

A good starting point for looking at potential participating projects is below:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSoC2015_Ideas <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSoC2015_Ideas>

We need to probably rebrand it to OWASP Summer Code Sprint (in alignment with OWASP Winter Code Sprint run later in the year).

For info: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Winter_Code_Sprint <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Winter_Code_Sprint>

The main difference is that we will pay students during Summer Code Sprint.. I’m suggesting USD 3K per student up to a max of 10 slots (30K).

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Fabio Cerullo
Global Board Member