[Owasp-board] Background check for Global Board members

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Sep 22 16:22:05 UTC 2014

I'm thinking safely and protection of the org. We do not want a felon
running for the board, I think. I'm still reading about this and it looks
fairly standard to background check those with legal duty in the
organization, which includes potential staff hires and board....

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Sep 22, 2014, at 11:54 AM, Eoin Keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

Fabio, to quote you:

"As we are gradually becoming more involved with government bodies in the
US and abroad,.."

Level of commitment? By getting a background check?

Whatever suits the majority, I feel it is a waste of time, has this been
requested yet?

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988

On 22 Sep 2014, at 15:27, Fabio Cerullo <fcerullo at owasp.org> wrote:

Eoin,

This goes beyond the government bodies and shows a level of commitment from
the Global Board elected representatives. It actually aligns quite nicely
with what has been agreed about HR training for Board members in our last
Board meeting.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Fabio