[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Membership

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Thu Oct 23 16:53:40 UTC 2014

Hello Owen, with a cc to others on your distribution list.

Yes, OWASP paid members are automatically notified, multiple times, when
their membership is about to lapse as it nears the end of its annual term.

On Oct. 16 this information was included in the email I sent out to the
OWASP Community group email list, and the Leaders list.  Please note that
Honorary members and volunteer Participants in the OWASP Community who are
not paid members, would not receive any reminder.   Excerpt from my Oct. 16
email below.

*Problem 2:  ‘But I don’ recall getting a reminder to renew my membership?’*
*Answer:    The Sales Force member database is programmed to deliver email
reminders at 30 days, 14 days and 1 day before the renewal date.  A ‘late
renewal’ reminder is sent 7 days after the renewal date.  This applies to
Individual Members only.  Honorary members do not receive reminders since
they must actively request ‘honorary status’ each year.   (This policy is
being reviewed in light of confusion)*

If anyone would like us to research their personal case, we are happy to do
that.  Please send your inquiry to our Contact Us form on the homepage of
the OWASP Wiki.  This creates a Service Ticket or 'case' in the sales force
system so we can respond promptly with the best resource....and provide
metrics on issues and response times.   https://www.owasp.org/index.php
/Main_Page

Regards, Paul Ritchie

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie