[Owasp-board] Question about AppSec regulations

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Mon Oct 13 22:39:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I agree with Josh, as long as the profit goal is taken into account when
you budget, the local team should decide.

Small comment: from my experience with AppSecEU2014, I would suggest to
not go with the high numbers. We were working quite hard to achieve the
profit goals. And in the end luck helped out. So my advise would be if
you want to do this, to not go all out from the start, but maybe limit
yourself to only lodging (and cap the lodging per night).

If you would want to do travel compensation, I would personally prefer
to not differentiate between EU and US speakers. IMHO, the limits should
be the same for all speakers regardless where they come from. (but
that's just my personal opinion).

Btw. I believe in the past, the main keynote speakers at AppSecs did get
travel expenses reimbursed.

Just my 2cents. Tobias

Ps.: And just as a thought, besides your obvious options of the
conference budget, you could also think of using your normal chapter
budget as a "discretionary" budget if you want to fly in 2-3 special
speakers for your event. That can give you some added flexibility as the
chapter leader organising.