[Owasp-board] Input Request - OWASP 2015 Strategic Goals

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu Nov 20 23:47:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've put all of my goals from my election platform + audit committee in
there. I care very deeply about getting out there and working with
developers and external standards bodies, so I think we need:

At least two externally facing goals - we need to be relevant to the
*users* of OWASP and to further our mission of outreach outside of the echo
chamber
At least one goal that makes being a member a wonderful thing
At least one internally facing goal - we need to be ensure our house is
spic and span to support the execution of our mission

The inclusion policy is a huge deal to me. I think we could have avoided a
lot of the complaints by being better able to manage membership and
participation if we had one, and by including more diverse viewpoints in
our conferences and chapters, we become a better organisation, so I will
fight tooth and nail for it.

As the audit committee is a board/foundation reform that will set us up to
cross the $10m per year boundary, I think it is worth tracking as a goal,
but I am happy to to let it slide as a strategic organisational goal as
long as we do something about it.

thanks,
Andrew