[Owasp-board] Additional Brand Abuse

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Nov 18 17:46:58 UTC 2014

And Josh, regardless of wether we agree, I'm very glad to see you jump into
this conversation. If you have time, I'd love your help in clarifying and
updating the brand rules with Noreens and others support.

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Nov 18, 2014, at 8:53 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

My personal opinion is that this is fine.  The OWASP Top 10 is a published
standard and Acunetix is claiming that they are capable of scanning for the
issues identified in the OWASP Top 10 standard.  I don't think that we
should be responsible for policing whether or not they actually do what
they say they do.  With that line being pretty blurry to begin with, I
doubt Acunetix is the only company advertising in this manner.  And as long
as they're not claiming to be "OWASP Certified", or the like, I think this
is not worth pursuing.

~josh