[Owasp-board] Election by laws update

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Nov 13 05:24:23 UTC 2014

I noted this too, a while back, that the only documentation that I could
find relating to the election was from several years back and was
specifically relating to that election.  Consideration should also be given
to things like timeline and disclosure.  Some guidance on the role that the
Board should or shouldn't play in it would be good too as some may construe
Board involvement as influencing the vote.  I'm not sure I can commit the
time to be a part of the team, but would absolutely voice my support in
favor of some reform in that area. I would add Kelly Santalucia to the team
for sure since she's the staff member who has run the elections.  You may
want to ask Dan Cornell to join too since he's helped in the past.

My $0.02 from my first year on the Board is that it never hurts to
socialize things like this with the community BEFORE a Board vote.  My
suggestion is to form your team, create the new document, solicit feedback
from the community, revise, solicit feedback from the Board, revise, and
then vote.  January may be a stretch for timeline, but it seems like a
great goal to shoot for.

~josh