[Owasp-board] Scheduled board meeting for June-27 in Cambridge (was: Re: UK board meeting)

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Tue May 27 22:53:37 UTC 2014

Hi Eoin, hi all,

AFAIK, on Tuesday evening there will be some common pre-conf get
together in a pub or so, and I think it would be good for us to be there
to listen to people. So a board meeting at that evening would probably
be less desirable.

And I think with the several topics that will be up for discussion, a
longer (i.e. full-day) board meeting might make sense. And dialing in
should be fine.

(As I am the board member closest to the venue at the moment, I will
work with our EU conference team on organising the logistics for our
board meeting in Cambridge.)

And considering the time difference with US, I would probably suggest to
try a two-split part for the day:
- morning: more workshop style preparing a set of first strawman
proposals by the board members who are in Europe (Eoin, not sure about
your travel schedule and whether you could or would join remotely in the
morning already?)
- afternoon: revise and refine the strawman proposals and incorporate
all feedback in the afternoon when more people from US can join in
remotely.
- IMHO my first goal is to work out a good and comprehensive vision and
strategy aiming for full consensus of _all_ board members (present and
absent that day) going forward, so we probably even wouldn't need to
vote during that afternoon meeting, but could do that later after
including missing board members in the fine tuning and then do a full
vote of approval 1-2 weeks later.

In my current understanding the current status of attendance for our
scheduled regular 1-day board meeting on June-27 in Cambridge will be:
- (in person) Jim, Fabio, Tobias
- (remotely) Eoin and Josh; and maybe Tom?

All the best, Tobias

Global Board Member

Ps.: I would suggest to invite (voluntarily) also staff members who will
be in Cambridge working at the AppSecEU to also attend the meeting and
take part in the planning conversation.