[Owasp-board] Additional Conference policies

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed May 14 21:10:17 UTC 2014

+1 Josh

We need to maintain a good balance between gratitude towards vendors who
fund OWASP and our hard working members who demand privacy by default when
possible. But don't take our word for it, poll the membership and see what
they say.

I'm of the opinion that we need to grow the quality of our open source
documents, wiki and projects way more than we need to grow finances. But
again, hit leaders with this questions, the board does not need to be (and
should not be) the final word here.

My 2 cents,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On May 14, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

I strongly dislike the discount codes policy.  It's never been like this
before and, in fact, our policy has been that under no circumstances will
we sell or give attendee information to vendors.  If vendors are giving out
discount codes, then chances are that they have the attendee information
already so I'm not sure what the value is in this.  If they're just
throwing the code out there to use, then I'd want a disclaimer on each and
every ticket purchased with the code saying that by using it your info is
being provided to the vendor.  That doesn't really seem feasible, though,
so my gut says we shouldn't be doing this.

~josh