[Owasp-board] Additional Conference policies

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed May 14 20:57:08 UTC 2014

I strongly dislike the discount codes policy.  It's never been like this
before and, in fact, our policy has been that under no circumstances will
we sell or give attendee information to vendors.  If vendors are giving out
discount codes, then chances are that they have the attendee information
already so I'm not sure what the value is in this.  If they're just
throwing the code out there to use, then I'd want a disclaimer on each and
every ticket purchased with the code saying that by using it your info is
being provided to the vendor.  That doesn't really seem feasible, though,
so my gut says we shouldn't be doing this.

~josh