[Owasp-board] PROPOSAL: Quarterly Updates by ED on Progress Towards Strategic Goals

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri May 9 15:52:25 UTC 2014

OK, it sounds like everyone who has commented on this (the majority of the
Board) is in agreement on this.  Sarah, if you'd like a formal vote, we can
do that, but I don't think that's really necessary.  Can you please take
this on as an action item for your team?  Specifically:

   1. Updates from ED during quarterly meetings should focus on staff
   activities as they relate to our strategic goals.  Updates on success
   metrics for each goal and the progress made toward each.
   2. The Board sponsor for each strategic goal should be actively involved
   in the process to execute on these goals to ensure that execution is in
   line with strategic goals.
   3. Communication plans should be created for our strategic initiatives
   with a monthly (minimal) update to the Board on progress.

Thanks!

~josh