[Owasp-board] Ning Renewal

GK Southwick genevieve.southwick at owasp.org
Thu May 8 20:58:39 UTC 2014

Josh,

Right, but with over 42K in our community, saying that 300 people is
organization wide, may not be a lie, but it's a stretch. And of those 300
that are signed-up, didn't we determine that most of the groups are dead
and haven't been used in awhile - with the exception of Austin?

Michael,

While I agree that G+ and the Hangouts are great - It's actually the way I
prefer to video chat - getting everyone on to Google is a stretch. Not
everyone trusts google - especially the more paranoid types - and I can't
blame them one bit.

I am gathering intel and building my argument as to why we should be using
the Member Portal Community feature that was so prematurely shot-down, but
more on that in a few weeks.

I'm in agreement with Tom on this. If it's being used by more than Austin,
then all chapters that use the platform should chip-in. I'm good with the
Foundation matching funds 1:1. I am not OK with the idea of the Foundation
paying $600 a year to keep a platform alive that's being used by less than
.8% of the community.