[Owasp-board] Flagship Code Products

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Mar 29 06:02:26 UTC 2014

> Last but not least - Jim for the company that doesn't want to pay
> because we have old frumpy projects that need work, I hope you are
> pointing out all of our successes over the past couple years (there
> are many) AND why not have them support us and allocate money from
> their membership to the project(s) that they think need work.  This
> would let us do more work on the project (even if not paying directly
> for work) in that maybe travel can be funded to a summit or other
> support work like project management can be afforded for that project.

Of course, Sarah. But still, I don't care how nice the kitchen looks
when the front of the house has no paint and the lawn has not been mowed
for over a year. This is not cool.

Also, It's been over 6 months since I've requested that several projects
I have been working on be evaluated, and nothing has happened. NOTHING.
And nothing has happened while ultra-inactive and dangerously insecure
and innactive projects get the limelight. This is not not cool, at all,
and I have been patient about it up until now.

And then finally, when I am asked to send a form around the net to get
folks to evaluate Dependency Check, the form was nonsensical and had
nothing to do with project quality evaluation.

So yea Sarah, there's that. Makes me quite upset and also makes me ask a
lot of questions about what is going on.

- Jim