[Owasp-board] Flagship Code Products

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Mar 28 12:25:31 UTC 2014

I tried to use ESAPI PHP for a project I was working on one time and it was
so horribly difficult to use that I gave up.  I think that the concept is
awesome, but the implementation to date just sucks.  I also considered
using CSRFGuard for SimpleRisk, but ended up using a different tool as it
did inline page injection of nonces and was lightyears ahead of the OWASP
tool.  In general, I agree with you Jim.  We either need to put the time
and effort to make our products stand out, or we need to become a catalog
of where to go for best-in-breed open source alternatives.  Maybe putting
out a formal Call for Project Leaders for the abandoned flagship projects
would be a good start?

~josh