[Owasp-board] Promoting commercial activities through OWASP Mailing Lists

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Wed Mar 19 11:59:46 UTC 2014

There is a membership page now that outlines this logo/description this has
to be promoted

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Corporate_Supporter_Bios

This if promoted will raise visibility to the who and the what as well as
the new membership model.

There is a membership page now that outlines this logo/description

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Corporate_Supporter_Bios

This if promoted will raise visibility to the who and the what as well as
the new membership model.

Re mainlining list spam on lists, Facebook, google+ and linkedin etc I see
that as a issue that can only be moderated by a human on staff and drooping

The simple fact is that of someone gives to the community with projects any
type and volunteerism that is "advertising" in a constructive way of there
skills in the space.

Also adding a disclaimer footer to all mailing lists would help raising
sponsorship awareness + dropping the spammer noise mostly from over zealous
marketeers

====
Disclaimer: OWASP does not endorse or recommend commercial products or
services allowing our community to remain vendor neutral with the
collective wisdom of the best minds in application security worldwide.  If
your looking for that look here:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Corporate_Supporter_Bios otherwise let's
keep our lists focused on the mission
====

Tom Brennan
9732020122

Tom Brennan
9732020122

On Mar 19, 2014, at 7:25 AM, Fabio Cerullo
<fcerullo at owasp.org<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','fcerullo at owasp.org');>>
wrote:

hi,

Please read thread below...

Some companies are approaching OWASP chapter leaders and asking them to
promote their training courses, services, etc through the OWASP mailing
lists. In exchange, they provide a discount to OWASP members.

As there is no clear understanding among chapter leaders if this is allowed
or not, I think the Board needs to step up and provide guidance for them.

Do we say yay, nay or launch a community vote?

Thanks
Fabio