[Owasp-board] Promoting commercial activities through OWASP Mailing Lists

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Mar 19 11:25:05 UTC 2014

hi,

Please read thread below...

Some companies are approaching OWASP chapter leaders and asking them to
promote their training courses, services, etc through the OWASP mailing
lists. In exchange, they provide a discount to OWASP members.

As there is no clear understanding among chapter leaders if this is allowed
or not, I think the Board needs to step up and provide guidance for them.

Do we say yay, nay or launch a community vote?

Thanks
Fabio