[Owasp-board] Update to Bylaws

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Mar 3 16:12:03 UTC 2014

As requested, I have re-worded the proposed addition to the Bylaws to
include information about notification and an appeals process.  Also, since
the most logical place to put this is in the membership section of the
bylaws, I modified to say that participation does not require membership.
Please discuss.

Proposal: Add a new section to the OWASP Bylaws.

SECTION 4.07  Participation. Participation in OWASP activities
(conferences, meetings, mailings lists, projects, etc) does not require
membership, but is subject to adherence to the OWASP Code of Ethics, and
OWASP leaders may revoke the privilege of participation to those who choose
not to abide by that code.  Notification of such a revocation must be made
to the individual in writing, with the OWASP Board of Directors CC'd for
inclusion in the Foundation records.  If an individual believes that this
revocation is unjustified, then they have the option to appeal the decision
by notifying the OWASP Board of Directors in writing within 14 days of the
original notification.

Thanks!

~josh