[Owasp-board] Denver Project summit -budget

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Jun 30 07:58:07 UTC 2014

Hi Jim

Main questions to you is : can we afford this?
For Amsterdam, how much budget can be allocated?

Again, I think that the last summits have very low attendance and I believe
if we do them, they should serve to empower projects.

I would like to organize a summit during appsec EU 2015 Amsterdam with
these main tracks
-OWASP tools/documentation Open Showcase: Allow project leaders to promote
their projects during the conference(similar to Blackhat Arsenal tools)
-Security Arena workshops:Moderated Sessions where we discuss with industry
experts about how to improve security , threats and vulnerabilities not
properly cover by the industry. Here we want to invite people from
Microsoft, Mozilla, Apache etc. and create specific sessions with them
(similar to Google summits)

I believe that the summit has to be an incubator of exchange, research and
exposure to allow us profile as an organization that helps improve security.

regards

Johanna