[Owasp-board] Committees 2.0 [Revised]

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sun Jun 29 23:07:33 UTC 2014

Is there a committee leader or are the 5 joint leaders?

I believe this is now addressed under Section IX. Committee Organization:

"All committees are responsible for being self-organized.  The includes
determining their own leadership structure, coordinating committee meeting
schedules at least monthly, taking and publishing notes of committee
meetings, assembling monthly action summaries, culling inactive committee
members, and ensuring compliance within the defined scope and various OWASP
policies and procedures."

"3) Individual must demonstrate a history of at least three months
participation in committee activities."

- how does this work if a committee has not been set up yet?

I believe this is now addressed under Section III. Committee Creation:

"So long as the committee receives at least five qualified applicants, the
Board will vote on the committee creation.  A majority vote is sufficient
for establishment of a new committee with all applicants being granted
committee membership."