[Owasp-board] Committees 2.0 [Revised]

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sun Jun 29 19:51:26 UTC 2014

Based on a comment from Jim, I thought it would make sense to add
additional verbiage regarding the initial committee members (due to the 3
month participation minimum) as well as the number of committee members
necessary to hold a committee.  To this end, once a committee has been
proposed and accepted, I defined that the Board will put out a formal call
for participation.  As long as we have at least five qualified applicants,
the committee is validated.  Jim's original suggestion was three, but my
gut is that three people is not representative enough of the needs of the
community at large nor is it an appropriate decision making body.  I also
defined that if, for whatever reason, committee membership drops below five
members, the committee is responsible for putting out a call for
participation.  If they can't raise the number to at least five, then the
committee is removed.  Thoughts?

~josh