[Owasp-board] Denver Project summit -budget
johanna curiel curiel
johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Jun 26 20:13:33 UTC 2014
What do you propose?
- First of all, we want to be able to properly promote the summit among
project leaders/industry experts to contribute and participate together
- Create clear proposals per project assisting to the summit
- Meet with industry resources at Denver to contribute and solve very
specific issues and have a clear output plan results for each project
Have you consulted with Laura?
yes, she mentioned that rooms for the summit has been allocated
(space/rooms) this is done in advance and actually the summit is been
promoted on the appsec us website.
She could confirm this information.
The board can rubber stamp it after Laura has worked with you if it was not
already budgeted and associated with AppSec event.
Do I have to fulfill specific requirements regarding organizing the project
summit? if this is the case, please send me which are and I can set a plan
with Laura and submit it to the board.
I don't believe and amount has been agreed. Do you have an idea of costs?
Actually I want to encourage everyone to pay his own accommodation and
costs, with exception to those volunteers that will be there to organize
In past conferences, members assisting to the summit received a free pass
to the conference as a reward for their volunteer efforts (thus work).
I have been busy during the summit that I didn't have anytime to assist to
the conference, and actually if I organize the summit I will not be
assisting to the conference
So you let me know how much can be made available and I see how many
volunteers I can set to work.
This is my basic plan that can be worked out in detail.
The main purpose of this summit is to work on improving the tools with
industry participation of experts of other foundations/organizations that
are interested and have shown interest in these OWASP project and tools
(as example of ongoing activities)
- Python Framework project(Enrico Branca) with Mozilla (Python
developers will be invited by Simon Bennetts) and GE developers that have
contacted Enrico regarding his project
- Code review (Larry/Gary) , invite some industry experts/developers
from Microsoft,Oracle(java),Python and anyone wanted to join
- PCI toolkit(Johanna) invite PCI experts and provide
- Creating continuous build security and QA review process (Jason
- Mind Mapping of OWASP tools(Enrico/Johanna)
- Record summit sessions(Jonathan Marcil)
- Other projects==> Must be invited , they must provide a clear plan
just as we will do (Code Review,Python Framework, PCI) with participation
of industry experts for feedback
- Promote industry participation to the summit using a campaign through
linked-in and Google Ad sense
Identified costs for summit
- USD 1000,- to promote the summit through Google adsense and Linkedin
- 2 Printers(color) to print materials ==> Sponsored by HP?
- Food for 5 volunteers working at the summit===> 5 x USD 50/day
allowance ==> USD 250,-
- Travel costs and accommodation for Project summit organizer(me) ==>
+/- USD 1300,-
- Travel accommodations for volunteers to work in the summit (4)==> USD
- Promotion materials such as banners, booklets, give away cards ==>USD
- *Total==> USD 8050,= Round up to USD 9000,=*
On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Eoin Keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:
> I don't believe and amount has been agreed. Do you have an idea of costs?
> Eoin Keary
> Owasp Global Board
> +353 87 977 2988
> On 26 Jun 2014, at 20:15, johanna curiel curiel <johanna.curiel at owasp.org>
> > Dear Board members
> > I have a question regarding the organization of the Project summit at
> > As mentioned to some of the board members I volunteered to organize the
> Project Denver summit I want to submit a clear plan and proposal regarding
> > Regarding the budget, has it been allocated and how much do we count on?
> > Regards
> > Johanna
> > _______________________________________________
> > Owasp-board mailing list
> > Owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
> > https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board