[Owasp-board] OWASP board pres

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 25 13:44:48 UTC 2014

 > It doesn't really matter if it's 15 minutes or 15 hours, the
perception is that you've taken time to point out to everyone how
special you think the Board is.

That is not even remotely what happened. Please review the video when
it's published.

 > My personal believe is that this time should be spent talking about
the conference, the cool stuff there, highlighting the vendors,
recognizing the volunteers for their efforts, etc.

Surely, that happens as well.

 > Realize that the vast majority of the people attending the conference
really don't care who the Board is because they are there for an
education and no personal rapport will ever come from your 15 minutes on
stage.

Again, our focus was to celebrate the community and staff.

 >  If you want to get personal with the community, then take the time
to attend a Projects Workshop, a Chapter Leader Workshop, etc. Those are
the people who actually care who you are because you have the ability to
help them succeed (or hurt their efforts).

Almost all of us do that as well.

- Jim