[Owasp-board] OWASP board intro pres - the 15min talk tomorrow

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 25 13:43:08 UTC 2014

Josh,

With respect, this is the opposite of the ivory tower. We literally said
"the real work of OWASP is done by the staff and volunteer community".
This was not a board celebration, but a thank you to those who really
make OWASP happen. I am sorry if you past experiences upset you, but the
way Tobias represented OWASP the staff and giving thanks to the
community is part of the job of the OWASP board. We also made ourselves
available to new members of the community.

I think hiding behind email, engaging in private board communication and
NOT engaging the community face-to-face is the *real* ivory tower.

- Jim