[Owasp-board] OWASP board intro pres - the 15min talk tomorrow

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Tue Jun 24 20:04:54 UTC 2014

Ok guys,

I think you are totally misunderstanding the simple purpose of this
15min intro talk.

Before I reply: as member of the org team for AppSecEU, I still have a
lot of work to get done for tomorrow and am a bit confused at why people
are making such a fuss about this on the day before the conference.
Anyway before your discussion seems to spin out of control here some
facts about what is going to happen.

*This is just a simple 15 min intro pres about what OWASP is for the
conference attendees. **
*
As there seems to be a lot of misconceptions flying round what this is:
- 15 minutes talk at the opening of the conference, intro about what is
OWASP
- give brief intro to OWASP (members, stats, inspire for the conference,
sponsors for the conference...)
- mention the board and staff members who are present
- wish everybody a great conference time.
- End of presentation.
- Naturally if you want to stand next to Eoin and me on stage, please
just show up on time and be there. (my plan was to just point out
people, but if you feel better standing on stage works for me, too...)

And up to today, the day before the conference, nobody of you asked or
cared about this presentation in Cambridge. As I am part of the
organising team on the ground for London, I accepted that responsibility
months ago and did my duty to do the leg work to arrange the slot and
prepare the slides etc.

As you have seen, Eoin asked today to join the presentation and
naturally I am more than happy to include him and anyone else from the
board who wants to join. Just show up on time.

Unfortunately, I still need to get work done for our conference
tomorrow, so this is my last email on this topic for today. If you are
having an urgent problem with the content, please give me a call on my
mobile.

Best regards, Tobias