[Owasp-board] OWASP board pres

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Jun 24 19:59:10 UTC 2014

Josh,

I do not feel any current board members are doing this in a self serving
way. It's important to have personal report with the community. If anyone
gets "vendorish" on stage then shame on them. This is also why I'm
suggesting •all• board members and staff present get on stage, not just
one. Again, this is 15 minutes.

I politely disagree with your concern here, but respect your decision to do
something different at LASCON.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:54 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

I understand the intent, but maybe it just gets lost in translation.  I've
only been to a couple (NYC and DC), but I remember Jeff Williams and Dave
Wichers droning on and on about projects, chapters, money, etc.  As an
attendee there for the learning experience, it came across as extremely
self-serving.  At AppSec in Austin we make the intentional decision not to
have the traditional Board Keynote and instead made it a general conference
session figuring that attendees would vote with their feet.  Not sure if we
ever went back to analyze the result of that decision, honestly.

~josh