[Owasp-board] OWASP board pres

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jun 24 19:54:50 UTC 2014

I understand the intent, but maybe it just gets lost in translation.  I've
only been to a couple (NYC and DC), but I remember Jeff Williams and Dave
Wichers droning on and on about projects, chapters, money, etc.  As an
attendee there for the learning experience, it came across as extremely
self-serving.  At AppSec in Austin we make the intentional decision not to
have the traditional Board Keynote and instead made it a general conference
session figuring that attendees would vote with their feet.  Not sure if we
ever went back to analyze the result of that decision, honestly.

~josh