[Owasp-board] OWASP board pres

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Jun 24 19:36:39 UTC 2014

It's more than that, Josh.

It's a chance for the board to introduce ourselves to new members of the
community in person and to make ourselves known early in the conference in
case folks who only know us by name want to ask questions to us later in
the conference.

I think this •is• important and that staff should be included. In person is
almost always better than email or other virtual communication.

Respectfully,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jun 24, 2014, at 8:29 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

My personal opinion is that the "Board" talks have historically been of
little value to the conference.  It's a lot of tooting our own horn and
singing to the choir.  Time that's better spent doing other things.  I
won't be there, so it doesn't matter much to me personally, but if you're
going to give a talk you should ask yourself what the value is to the
attendees, realizing that attendees include more than just our volunteers
and leaders.  If you have trouble answering, then perhaps the "Board" talk
should just be a Q&A session outside of the standard conference schedule
rather than a keynote or similar as I've seen done in the past.  Snooze
fest.

~josh