[Owasp-board] OWASP board pres

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jun 24 19:29:50 UTC 2014

My personal opinion is that the "Board" talks have historically been of
little value to the conference.  It's a lot of tooting our own horn and
singing to the choir.  Time that's better spent doing other things.  I
won't be there, so it doesn't matter much to me personally, but if you're
going to give a talk you should ask yourself what the value is to the
attendees, realizing that attendees include more than just our volunteers
and leaders.  If you have trouble answering, then perhaps the "Board" talk
should just be a Q&A session outside of the standard conference schedule
rather than a keynote or similar as I've seen done in the past.  Snooze
fest.

~josh