[Owasp-board] ESAPI - results

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sun Jun 15 01:39:49 UTC 2014

Kevin , Jim

What I'm really interested as Java programmer is which
features/functionalities does ESAPI Java contain that I can't find anywhere?

I think we need to promote those ones that :

   - A java Programmer needs in order to secure their applications
   - Cannot be found anywhere only in ESAPI

What is ESAPI Java unique selling proposition?

Regarding the status I think the best is to leave it in LAB status
considering the maturity level and what we need is to re-think a
selling/marketing strategy proposition to promote esapi and maybe focus in
those features that are a must-have, unique of ESAPI.

If ESAPI Java does not have unique features then the chance of surviving
decreases as java programmers will find easier to install plugins through
the marketplace or use built in functionalities in existing Java Frameworks.

What do you think?