[Owasp-board] [Owasp_project_leader_list] Do you consider your project a Flagship status candidate?

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jun 4 18:09:41 UTC 2014

> In my opinion, the actual (flagship before demotion) owasp documents
should keep his flagship status.

I think this is reasonable as well, or at least promote them at their next
upgrade cycle. These are some of our most mature projects...

But Johanna, I see your logic regarding a community vote for documentation
projects. These are not easy (docs) to evaluate.

So, thoughts board?

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jun 4, 2014, at 8:05 AM, johanna curiel curiel <johanna.curiel at owasp.org>
wrote:

In my proposal I mentioned something regarding documentation:

It is difficult to quantify how well written and accurate or not a document
is, unless the reviewer has a broad body of knowledge on the subject.
Finding the right reviewer is more challenging. This one will have to spend
 time reading and creating a report. An alternative might be to hire a
freelance technical editor/writer that can provide his input from the
documentation and editing point of view and how well written and consistent
the document is. This is more subjective and that's why I think that we
better leave documentation to the Rating system. Hiring a technical writer
and editor to provide his opinion could be an option, however, it is
subjective.

In my opinion, the actual (flagship before demotion) owasp documents should
keep his flagship status. Most projects are in the process of updating
their information to a new version or they have already done that.

Documentation that has not been updated for more than 3 years and is not in
the process of updating their documentation should be verified with project
leaders' future plans regarding their project.

This is definitely out of the QA scope because this process review focuses
on Quality assurance of code and not documentation. Unfortunately, that is
more difficult to quantify than measuring quality of software and more time
consuming.