[Owasp-board] [Owasp_project_leader_list] Resignation

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Jun 3 19:46:52 UTC 2014

Samantha,

Wow, this makes me very sad for OWASP.  I fear for the state of OWASP
Projects after your departure.  Poor Kait Disney-Leugers is going to have a
hard time after you've departed.

More than that, I'm sad to see the golden opportunity OWASP had in your
employ now ending.  Its hard to find good people, doubly so when you are a
charity.

Thanks for all your work on projects and your gently nudging me to  get off
my backside and update my project's template.  I'm sure I'm not the only
one that needed coaxing.

Thanks for working on grants and getting an amazing *$172,170 USD* for 2013
- talk about return on investment!

Thanks for your regular project and board reports [1].  (Yes, you had at
least 1 regular reader)  It made it easy for me to keep an eye on a part of
OWASP near and dear to me after the GPC was ended.

Most of off, thanks for being you and being so awesome.

If you have any idea of how we can recruit a replacement who is even 1/2 as
qualified as you, we're all ears.  Retaining talent is crucial for any
endeavor's success - even more so when you're trying to save the world one
app at a time and on a charity's budget.

If there's anything I can do to help you, now during your transition, or
anytime in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck in your next role where, I suspect, you'll continue your
superstar status.

[1] https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Samantha_Groves#tab=Program_Reports

Cheers!

--