[Owasp-board] March Calendar for Board Call

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Jan 29 01:44:40 UTC 2014

I'm good for dinner, Eoin. Count me in. Aloha!

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jan 28, 2014, at 2:12 PM, Eoin Keary <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

I'm also good for dinner on the 23rd of anyone is about?

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988

On 28 Jan 2014, at 17:54, Tom Brennan - OWASP <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

I can adjust fire likely for all of those times if a date is picked ASAP
with family/work/personal obligations and other OWASP centric commitments
projects/chapter.

There will be a lot of us in town for RSA Circus so the 24th morning
(before the OWASP training) could be a working "huddle" too. With a virtual
conference for those that need to dial in.  I believe we are also sending
our staff so if they can't be virtual how can we expect a board to be..
 Regardless a face-to-face will happen with several of us (3) board and the
ED in California.

http://owasp.blogspot.com/2014/01/community.html

For me send a cal invite and will try to always accommodate. I am doodled
out at this point.

<rant>
This was the core reason I voted in favor of having a OWASP required face
to face 2x and travel covered as we push into March with this discussion.
Emails are good but not very strategic they are a tactical solution. Other
organizations I am participating in cover panel/board sessions so OWASP
needs to value the time of it's elected representatives without conflict
when possible. </rant>

Before we know it AppSecUSA 2014 Sept 19th will be here and working
backwards that was decided in Nov as a meeting covered by the foundation.

Q1
March
Q2
May
Q3
September
Q4
Nov

Look like target months to lock things on ASAP to satisfy the (4) meetings
voted in. Introspective of other opportunities (lascon/defcon/BSides/etc..
(Non-commercial events) the board meetings should be first order of
business for the new year and every year.

Thanks for your efforts here.

On Jan 28, 2014, at 12:01 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

I think the other issue here is that we're looking for 3 hours (per
Michael) and not a smaller timeframe.  Smaller definitely makes this more
doable.  Here's a chart showing everyone's timezones:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20140223&p1=78&p2=102&p3=103&p4=137&p5=24&p6=179

My $0.02, let's do this in one of these blocks:

*Slot A*
Dublin: 9 PM - 11 APM
Hong Kong: 5 AM - 7 AM (Sorry Tobias!)
Hawaii: 11 AM - 1 PM
Los Angeles: 1 PM - 3 PM
Austin: 3 PM - 5 PM
New York: 4 PM - 6 PM

OR

*Slot B*
Dublin: 11 PM - 1 AM (Sorry Eoin!)
Hong Kong: 7 AM - 9 AM
Hawaii: 1 PM - 3 PM
Los Angeles: 3 PM - 5 PM
Austin: 5 PM - 7 PM
New York: 6 PM - 8 PM

OR

*Slot C*
Dublin: 6 PM - 8 PM
Hong Kong: 2 AM - 4 AM (Sorry Tobias!)
Hawaii: 8 AM - 10 AM
Los Angeles: 10 AM - 12 PM
Austin: 12 PM - 2 PM
New York: 1 PM - 3 PM

OR

*Slot D*
Dublin: 8 PM - 10 PM
Hong Kong: 4 AM - 6 AM (Sorry Tobias!)
Hawaii: 10 AM - 12 PM
Los Angeles: 12 PM - 2 PM
Austin: 2 PM - 4 PM
New York: 3 PM - 5 PM

Jim and Eoin are on opposite sides of the globe which makes this even
harder.  None of these are ideal, but they seem to be the best 2 hour
blocks available based on where everyone is located.  Maybe before we work
on dates, we should just work on time slot.  Let's do this.  Everyone rank
the slots above (A, B, C, D) in order of preference.  Maybe we can come up
with one that the majority can agree on?  I'm not sure if there's a better
way to do it, but am open to any suggestions you guys have.

~josh