[Owasp-board] 2014 Welcome Letter

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Jan 14 16:54:38 UTC 2014

As our mission and bylaws state vendor-neutrality, we have to be very
careful about official partnerships in the commercial space. On fact, I
think it's something we largely want to avoid. On a tangential note, I'm
feeling that the "conference partnership" plan is something we may want to
cancel or minimize since it's very close to a commercial endorsement.

Last, I think commercial partnerships are something that needs at least
board visibility.

Thanks all,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Jan 14, 2014, at 8:44 AM, Kelly Santalucia <kelly.santalucia at owasp.org>
wrote:

Tom,

I could not agree more with you, but in addition to our desire to partner
with other non-profits, we also are also looking to partner with other
organizations that are NOT non-profits who share similar interests as OWASP.

--
*Kelly Santalucia*

*Membership and Business Liaison*

*OWASP Foundation*