[Owasp-board] Apology from Jim Manico

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Jan 10 05:27:33 UTC 2014

Christian,

This is absolutely, positively a FAIR question. When I do "Free OWASP
Training" I really need to be careful about branding. Sure, WhiteHat
gets a tangential benefit when I speak at a conference, but I branded
the presentation as "OWASP" and did not tout WhiteHat when representing
OWASP officially.

Here is the presentation I delivered at RSA Europe in 2013.

http://www.slideshare.net/JimManico/master-rsa2013

Look at page 2. I did mention I worked for WhiteHat there. That's the
first and only mention of WhiteHat, I believe.

Then look at page 50, Eoin and I used our OWASP email.
Note we also used an OWASP template.

So what do you think, reasonable?

PS: I no longer work for WhiteHat.