[Owasp-board] Fwd: Reinstate my OWASP membership

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Jan 9 18:16:38 UTC 2014

While I agree that it is a rather sensitive matter, it seems that much of
what we would be discussing took place over public mailing lists so most of
this is already out in the open.  And as long as Christian does not object
to it, I think we need to be as transparent throughout this process as
possible and not hide in the shadows of sensitivity.  Not following the "O"
in "OWASP" has bit us many times in the past and in a situation like this
where claims have been made around character assassination, I feel quite
strongly that all of these discussions should take place on record.

Also, our intent here should not be to judge Christian for past
transgressions for which he has already served a considerable amount of
time.  That chapter needs to be laid to rest.  His membership was revoked
on 1/9/2012 and we need to evaluate his conduct since that time and his
desire and ability to positively participate in the OWASP community once
again.

Provided that the Board approves my proposal for a temporary committee on
this matter, I will solicit other members of our leadership to participate
as well.  These would be individuals agreed upon as "unbiased" by both
Christian and the Board.  Christian was a well-respected and contributing
member of our community before this occurred and we should at least be
ensuring that his concerns are being heard.

~josh