[Owasp-board] Reinstate my OWASP membership

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Jan 9 17:32:23 UTC 2014

Excellent idea. I support this, Josh.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode
(808) 652-3805

On Jan 9, 2014, at 7:16 AM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:

Board,

I realize that this is a sensitive topic and one that has caused much
controversy in the past.  Since much has changed since then, I would very
much like to consider Christian's request to once again participate in the
OWASP community.  That said, it seems that a number of Board members may
have biases here that would likely affect their voting on this matter.  As
such, I would like to propose a temporary committee lead by myself and
Tobias based on our lack of biases on this matter with participation from
Sarah, as Executive Director, to evaluate Christian's request.  The goal of
this would not be to pass judgement on any past transgressions for which he
has already served his time, but rather, to evaluate any actions after the
vote of revocation and work with Christian to determine whether he feels
that he is willing and able to move on from this and be productive within
the OWASP Foundation.  I realize that this is a rather unusual request, but
given the passions that have flared from both sides, this seems like the
best path toward resolution.  Thank you for your consideration.

~josh