[Owasp-board] RSA Co-Marketing Agreement

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Jan 6 20:25:35 UTC 2014

Oh wow.  There is way more here than just a training.  This is OWASP
actively promoting RSA.  Are there any legal or financial ramifications for
cancelling this agreement?  If not, I think it would be prudent to do so.

The next question becomes whether we should make a public statement as to
why?

Also, whether we can find anothet venue for outreach (like BSides SF)?

Regardless, I was on board with proceeding with the training, but based on
the contract details, I don't think it is wise to do so as it becomes an
explicit endorsement for RSA and is not in OWASPs best interests.

~josh