[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP Board decision that I don't agree with

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sat Jan 4 19:01:51 UTC 2014

Eoin,

to be clear on a few details:
- to my attention there was a short exchange of about 12 emails (some
off and some on the board mailing-list).
- there was no vote and no agreement recorded in favour of OWASP as an
org doing this.
- in fact, in the email exchange (unfortunately offlist, following
someone else move the thread offlist), I clearly stated my understanding
was that Jim and Eoin are making the decision to go to RSA as
individuals. (my email was on Dec-29). And that therefore it was their
decision whether they want to go there or not. And I can not recall that
this was contradicted at any time.

Best regards, Tobias

Ps.: The branding of the material is not relevant for this. In principle
all OWASP material can be used freely by anybody. That does not imply
that our organisation as a whole does sanction or support any specific
company.
E.g. anyone can use the OWASP Top-10 presentation (with the OWASP
branding) and present it at RSA or the next NSA conference for that matter.