[Owasp-board] 2014 Board Agenda

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Feb 28 18:13:00 UTC 2014

Bill,

Certainly can be considered and said announcement should be communicated to Sarah Baso before the scheduled meeting.

We want all requests to start with

1) Contact US web-form (for tracking and routing) http://www.tfaforms.com/308703
2) A Phone/eMail to a member of the staff who they are what they do  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_OWASP#Employees_of_the_OWASP_Foundation
3) Escalate to Sarah Baso if needed
4) Any appeals to the Board as example from Staff issues etc., can be made as new business

=======

Since anyone can start any project/effort at OWASP they should all start here:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Initiatives_Global_Strategic_Focus  and then the status report helps keep the heartbeat going written or verbal is fine.

Reaching any of the board is rather simple…  directly or even on one of the many mailing lists
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project#2014_Global_Board_Members

Since 2007 I can not give you one example of “new business” Bill that someone joined the call and actually had new business including an announcement that was not a staff member or board member  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board  <—— see archives and recordings here

Another shortcut is to simply write a letter/email asking for XY or other.  This can then be formally recognized discussed and action as appropriate — we often vote by email too.. so this is possible if needed.

New Business is NOT for DROPPING A BOMB — rather to get something on the agenda with the most visibility for OWASP Foundation.

-Tom