[Owasp-board] Meeting Audio

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Feb 24 23:38:16 UTC 2014

I agree, we should do this next time for sure.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Feb 24, 2014, at 2:55 PM, Tobias <tobias.gondrom at owasp.org> wrote:

 Hi all,

from some past experience with kind of similar situations:
although it may feel weird, it might actually be useful for everyone to
wear their own headset even if several people are in the same room.
A lot of the audio problems come from echo or people are too far away from
the microphone.
Problems that tend to less if people use their individual headset and
computer to connect to the meeting, even if sitting in the same room.
(e.g. anecdotal: sometime ago, I had a session with 5 people in one room
and another 4 in different remote locations, in the end everyone had their
own headsets on, even though we had a meeting room and telephone line and
acoustics got way better...)

Or using a "microphone stick" also works as long as people are disciplined
about it and only talk when they have the microphone in their hand... -
otherwise your voice is lost in the ether... ;-)

Just my 5cents.
Tobias

On 24/02/14 20:55, Josh Sokol wrote:

 It's not just the remote folks, but also anyone who listens to the
recording later.

 ~josh