[Owasp-board] Meeting Audio

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Mon Feb 24 22:55:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

from some past experience with kind of similar situations:
although it may feel weird, it might actually be useful for everyone to
wear their own headset even if several people are in the same room.
A lot of the audio problems come from echo or people are too far away
from the microphone.
Problems that tend to less if people use their individual headset and
computer to connect to the meeting, even if sitting in the same room.
(e.g. anecdotal: sometime ago, I had a session with 5 people in one room
and another 4 in different remote locations, in the end everyone had
their own headsets on, even though we had a meeting room and telephone
line and acoustics got way better...)

Or using a "microphone stick" also works as long as people are
disciplined about it and only talk when they have the microphone in
their hand... - otherwise your voice is lost in the ether... ;-)

Just my 5cents.
Tobias