[Owasp-board] Monday's Board meeting - Josh's motion #3 suggest text simplification

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Fri Feb 21 20:45:07 UTC 2014

Hi Josh,

I second motion #1 and #2 and I suggest to simplify your proposals #3:

Motion #3: Proposal to add the following text to the policy in order to
allow mailing list owners to moderate or reject communications from
those causing problems on the list(s).

"A revoked member who has not shown full compliance with the OWASP Code
of Ethics during the period of revocation may, at the discretion of the
list owner(s), have their mailing list communications moderated or
rejected without warning."

*Simplify to: *
"A revoked member may, at the discretion of the list owner(s), have
their mailing list communications moderated or rejected without warning."

(reasoning: consider the case when a person's membership would be
revoked because of severe abusive mailing-list behaviour. In that case
we would not want to wait for additional abusive behaviour before
putting that person on moderation - a requirement which some
interpretation of your text may be seen as. A membership revocation is a
very rare and drastic step and should already qualify for moderation if
needed.)

Best regards, Tobias